It’s taken me some time, but I have come to realise some very simple rules to live by that allow me to keep my life with four children simple for me.
1. Do Less!
– It really is as simple as that. Covid-19 has helped me realise that we as parents/people were just doing too much. There was a drive to keep up with an unrealistic expectation I was setting for myself and I have learnt over the last six months that our lives can truly be happier with less. Less saturation of choice, less things to do and less things to own.
2. Find out what you HAVE to do and get it done.
– Have is the operative word here. What do you have to do? Shower, eat, sleep, work? What are the things in your life that you literally cannot live without?
3. Work out what you truly want to do and give it your full attention.
-I don’t have much more of an explanation for this one. If you really want something you will find a way to get it done…you just will, no matter what life throws at you.
4. Give yourself permission to rest.
-Meditation can be a great way to introduce rest/ stillness into your life (Try .www.wakingup.com ) . But don’t stop there. Allow yourself to rest. That doesn’t mean binge on Netflix. Truly rest, stare at a sunset, go for a gentle walk or even sit and read.
I am a huge fan of rules and structure in my life, but the rules have to make sense to me, because if it doesn’t, I get lost in the why. So, if what I have just written doesn’t make sense to you or you are stuck asking yourself why you would try, please just move along. No harm no foul.
If what I have just written makes sense to you, give it a try. 30 days will be enough time to give your full dedication to the points above. If it doesn’t work for you let it go.
But if it does you could be one step closer to living a simpler more purposeful life.